Women face many conflicting messages and beliefs about what it means to live a full and satisfying life. We can be very demanding of ourselves in ways that undermine our self-esteem and create conflicts within us and with those we love. Sometimes it helps to have an experienced therapist to sort through what we want and how to achieve these goals.
Traditional Women’s Issues include:
- Relationship with food and body
- Emotional Overload
- Family Planning
- Balancing Work and Family, the Superwoman Complex
- Caring for parents and children, The Sandwich Generation
- Balancing traditional roles with personal ambitions
- Self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
- Single Parenting
- Stage of Life Transitions
- Empty Nest, The New Beginning
Women’s physical issues include:
- Hormonal Changes, PMS
Women are especially susceptible to worry, self-blame and discouragement. Our skilled therapists will work with you to help you to build inner compassion, a deeper understanding of yourself and others, and develop the new coping skills needed to sculpt a life that fits you.